12 Step Program for Alcohol and Drug Deaddiction in Bhubaneswar
As part of this type of therapy, acceptance is followed by surrender to a higher power, then participation in group meetings. Programs like Alcoholics Anonymous use group meetings for mutual support and discussion.
1. The first thing we conceded was that we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable as a result of it
2. As a result, we began to believe that there is a Power greater than ourselves that can restore us to sanity
3. As we understood God, we turned our lives over to His care
4. Our moral inventory was thorough and fearless
5. The nature of our wrongs was admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being
6. We were completely ready for God to remove all these character defects
7. As we humbled ourselves before Him, we asked Him to remove our shortcomings
8. We made a list of all the people we hurt and became willing to make amends
9. Whenever possible, we made direct amends to such people, except when doing so might harm them or others
10. As we continued taking personal inventories, when we made a mistake, we promptly acknowledged it
11. Through prayer and meditation, we sought to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to fulfill it.
12. We tried to carry this message to addicts, as well as practice these principles in all our affairs after experiencing a spiritual awakening through these steps